Thursday, August 11, 2011

How to Creat The Most Profitable Kitchen Garden

It may be impossible to put a price on the satisfaction of bringing in a basket of fresh produce from your garden. In addition to having improved taste really fresh produce from your garden in relation to your local supermarket. Even when I was picking my potatoes in the summer with my daughter, I thought, "It would be smarter for me to grow anything else in this room?" I estimate 4-5 off the square, I used these plants I probably have about $ 05.04 worth of potatoes.

I did a little research first to determine the different cultures of plants per square meter and second, the value (organic supermarket prices USD) has to produce the crop. Because I'm a city dweller with a relatively small space for my garden (30 to 35 square feet) make decisions about what to buy in the supermarket and grow in the garden can be a money saver.

Now from the results below you can see the winners to produce more value per square meter, a lot of vegetables / herbs (cilantro, lettuce, chives, dill, chard) next, many of the larger plants tomato vine (squash, pumpkin , pea), with many of the plants roots take up the rear. Now much of this makes sense, where many of the plants that grow on the vine trellises and allowed to spread, which I think is kind of cheating a square foot rule, but I'll let it slide. Comparison with root plants whose production is completely dependent on the space allowed in the area that has to grow, as these items are generally cheaper to start producing.

5 comments:

  1. wow... looks great...and thanks for detailed information

    ReplyDelete
  2. great information and inspiration, Also like to admire the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information!I will bookmark your site! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. We used to grow herbs and strawberries indoors in our apartment, but since moving to the country we're going to start a greenhouse this winter and plant a much larger plot outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing your own crops at home is the best thing you can do aside from whipping up home-made meals for your family. Not only are you saving money, but you can be sure your vegetables and fruits are clean and well grown.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks In Text Ads